Vast Write Wing - June 2008

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - June 2008

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Lynn,

Unfortunately, there is a very sad reality check on the border fence and illegal alien issues.

There are approximately 15 million illegals in this country, with about half of them (7 million) being Mexican.

Mexico has a population of about a 100 million people.

So if we could get all the illegals back into Mexico, could Mexico deal with a 7% bump in its unemployed population in a single year or two?

The US would have a tough time with a 7% bump (21 million new unemployed immigrants) coming into the US in a single year or two. We currently have about 400,000 unemployed, so going from 1/2 million to 21 million unemployed would be bad news even for a country as economically powerful as the US. Our US infrastructure would probably fold up like a cheap tent,so you can imagine what would happen in Mexico.

We already have 80 million baby boomers moving into a non-working status in the next 15 years that will prove to be quite a challenge. Devaluing Social Security and Medicare dollars is not the preferred solution.

The long range solution across the board is better technology. We have evolved beyond picking cotton or milking cows by hand, so why not invent new technology to replace our manual methods of harvesting crops and therefore replace most of our dependance on cheap labor from other countries? If we can shoot down falling satellites with a missile and send a spacecraft to Mars to analyse dirt, why can't we use some of our tax dollars to sponsor new technology to help us with our desparate economic problems here on Earth? But then for better technology, we might need to go back one more step and find a better way of educating our children which would also eliminate our need for 60,000 H-1B visas.

Thanks for listening and thanks for getting the word out on all these problems!!!
Good Luck!!!
Joe
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Dear Lynn: You really spelled out the bad consequences of illegal immigration. Living in Tucson on a fixed income, I can tell you first hand ANOTHER product of this treason that can not be totalled in dollars and cents---It is the desroying of our language and cultural heritage. The attitudes and supports for society that come with these things are what has made America great. Yes this vast, beautiful land and the money helped, but it was the values and attitudes of our early settles that made us the "city on a hill". The destruction of these values by illegal immigration, shows in most things from obeying the law to care for animals and pets has been brought low by illegals. In Tucson, one just has to pick up the daily paper to see how far we have gone down hill. This to me is the real crime of illegal immigration---looked doors, having to look over your shoulder every time you take a walk, not being to communicate with staff at the bank, hospitals, city government or libraries and schools. Just take the shools here, nearly bankrupt serving illegals, but giving credits for racist classes in "ethnic" studies--- putting down full time, the citizens and government of America, spanish every where, bad produce making folks ill, political pandering to those with overly high birth rates, that citizens must pay for, and crimes and more crimes. Our politicians sure have not keept their oaths of office. The greedy ones in our nation are killing the reast of us, and do not care. I can't believe this is my beloved nation being brought down. I'm sure it is treason, but if our own government will not act and keep America's laws we are lost forever. God bless America, and God bless good folks like you that are not affraid to tell the truth, Sincerely, Bob Bennett
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:23 pm

I heard your show this morning and appreciate you reading my email on the air. I agree with you that Pastor Gary's sermon was great yesterday morning. He has a such a great gift of communicating the Truth in love.
This "Liberal Christian" movement is vast and many of the mega-preachers in America are getting more and more involved in it. Whether they are just refusing to preach the Word because some of it isn't "compassionate" (like homosexuality) or they are like Campolo or Wallace and actively promoting the DNC using scripture, it is a movement that is captivating many people. I wanted you to have some of the research I have done on this movement.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=30994
http://gaychristian.net/campolos.php
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/159/story_15998_1.html
http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.co ... vid_Noebel
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com ... ER.BLOCK13

The main problem and pattern I see developing is that the people that are part of this movement want to solve all issues using the government. The poverty issue isn't addressed in the context it should be, and that being the Church. They pay lip service to the abortion issue in America (which is #1 in my mind for Christians) but moan and cry about peoplel killed in war.
I hope you find some of this interesting.

Pete
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Your column does not withstand casual observation and certainly not scholarship. Have you never visited the large American cities and seen the "balkanized" communities called Little Italy, Chinatown, etc. established long ago or the towns of New Mexico, centuries old and Spanish speaking. Then there was South Louisiana with the French communities, including my relatives who spoke French only into the 5th generation in America. In Texas we have those German towns along with the long established Spanish speaking towns. In Pennsylvania they have all those small towns I love with the churchs on every corner because each ethnic group had their own, even if they were all the same denomination. No, you obviously never looked around you.

Then there are those annoying studies and statistics which show that immigrants are learning English more rapidly than ever. Oh, and some that progress has been made in breaking down ghettos since fair housing and civil rights legislature. I understand; if they don't match your world view, don't read them.

My favorite part is blame it on the Democrats. One part you got right; they are going to vote Democratic. But Democrats own those large fields and orchards in California where the fruit rotted; Democrats own those huge meat packing and chicken processing plants in the midwest that were raided; Democrats owned those large construction firms where they are ranting because they can't get workers? Do you have a bridge in N.Y. you want to sell us too?

One last thing, it was the Republicans who voted down the last two immigration reform bills. They don't want it. Cut into their profits. There is a standing joke in Dallas; the INS never raids Highland Park, that Republican enclave, to pick up all the illegal nannies, housekeepers and gardeners.

So keep ranting; you can make money off the dwindling group of true believers who don't let facts interfere with their world view - for awhile.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Nancy Pelosi is trying to secure Texas as a democratic state. This suggestion for Chet Edwards as VP is purely political not based on credentials. Hey, someone completely passive and submissive fits the mold for Barracks VP. GODS SPEED

Moe(Temple)
lwoolley
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show