Vast Write Wing - August 2008

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - August 2008

Postby lwoolley on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Lynn,
I hope your weekend, wasn't weakened by the news from Senators B.O. and Joe. Of course Senator Biden dramatically

refused to consider being Veep, (coined in V.P. Alben Barcley's term, by his grandson), as he felt a cabinet position would

be more to his liking. That brings this thought to mind, Was Senator Joe, really BIDEN his time?

Change, change, ad nauseum prompts this very likely too late suggestion. Why not write notes to B.O., under the banner, "YOU TALK ABOUT CHANGE? Here's my

two cents worth!" Affix 2 pennies, either with Lincoln inverted, or the REVERSE side of the coins facing out and a brief, polite Conservative note expressing a view,

beyond the symbolism of the coins. This is not intended to enrich his coffers, but will distract the people wrapping anymore than fifty (not to be confused with the

states), all or part, from their other duties, mundane or otherwise.

Do you suppose the Democrats selected Denver for their convention site because they either know or don't care that * * * * flows downhill??

Punfully yours.

Regards

Don Herold
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 am

RE: Obama theme:

Lynn,

How about that song that goes “jokers to left of me clowns to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you”. Forgive me for not knowing the name. GOD Speed

MOE(Temple)

Steeler's Wheel? -- Lynn
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:05 am

Re: LOGIC MINUTE on Hallmark and gay wedding cards:
Brilliant!

You're homophobic now -- and you blame it on Hallmark. Or is it that you and the wacky wight wingers love to tell other people how to live their lives while you honestly believe that you have no cracks in your moral foundation?

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:31 pm

SOL,
In today's WSJ (08-25-08) is an oped column titled "The Denver Democrats"
that has the connect-the-dots prescription for the demise of the Democratic
Party that will be complete by no later than the 2012 election cycle.
Should the Democrats take the White House and increase their Congressional
majority this November "The Denver Democrats" has some great recyclable
lines and quips for Lynn Woolley to use during this upcoming four-year
winter of discontent.
USL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:08 pm

I challenge u 2 have a pastor like TD jakes on your show. The debate questions would have been different n a black church. If it had been at a black church, white conservative viewers would have been low.
Robert
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi Lynn,
Regarding FLOYDS comments this morning about 1984, and endless wars etc.
I too desire to believe that our U.S. Government is basically good. I do not want to believe in conspiracy theories. However after becoming concerned over the direction our country was heading in the early 90's, I have concluded that our U.S. American People are good, our rule of law the Constitution is good, quite possibly even our government's intentions MAY be good, but when you consider the government caused disasters we are facing, our bloated federal government is in reality BAD! VERY BAD. And the only solution is to knock the federal gov't back down to its constitutionally mandated size.

The following example is a good FOR-INSTANCE

I pasted the link below to save you time and I used BOLD to highlight areas of interest if you do not have time to read the entire record. So there is NO CONSPIRACY. Congress does not do these things in secret. They continue to OPENLY lead us down the path to destruction through their INTERVENTIONIST policies. Any way you can forward this to Floyd?

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congr ... 100598.htm (this link is pasted below for your convenience)

Thanks for listening
Steven Orrange
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 pm

Thoughts on Universal health care.
I worked as a Registered Nurse in Canada for 20 years.

First, I will say that once I got in, I got wonderful care and that I worked with very excellent nurses and Doctors that are trying to be the best that they can be.
That being said...

I worked in the booking office in my hospital for 5 years. I booked cardiac procedures
(Angiograms, angioplasty, electrophysiology studies), I also booked radiological studies and respiratory procedures. I sat right next to the OR booking nurse. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that when I came home to the USA 3 years ago that the health authority area that I worked in was 41 million dollars in the red.
To save money, all the OR's and the radiology closed for elective procedures every fifth Friday.
Beds were closed because if there are less beds open, "less procedures would be done". This is backhanded reasoning because I did not see people getting "less sick".
Wait time for an angiogram (unless you present to ER with chest pain) was 8-12 weeks, for angioplasty wait time was 4-8 weeks.
Wait time for carotid endartarectomy (clogged carotids- impending stroke) 3-6 months!
Wait time for gall bladder or hernia would be 1-1 1/2 years (again unless you present in ER ready to pop).
Wait time for knees or hips - 1 year to see the orthopedic Doc, 2-3 years to get the new joint. I personally know people who waited their year or two for an OR date, got on the table and was told by the charge nurse that "you have to go home now as we have no post op beds". The surgeon was scrubbed and ready to go and you can well imagine that he was not at all amused.
Persons wanting a gastric by-pass waited 2 years to see one of the 3 in Canada that did the procedure. Then they waited a minimum of 2 years for the surgery.
We had 1 MRI machine on in our health authority. Wait time was 4-9 months. CAT scan waits are 4-12 weeks.
Emergency rooms are so very crowded because health care is "free" and that it is their right. Surprisingly not all have a Doctor there - and use the ER as a drop in clinic - same as here.
In Canada, a bed is a bed is a bed, be glad you got one. Men and women share rooms if need be.
When I worked in the LDR, if our NICU was full, a sick or preemie baby went to the closest available bed – sometimes 1000 miles away.
Our tax freedom day is early May - Canada's Tax Freedom day is July 4th. Canada supports a small military but knows full well that the US would help in any emergency so do not feel the need to have a bigger military. Most of the taxes there go to support social programs.
This is a small list - I know we have some problems here but universal health care is not the answer the people are hoping for

Sincerely
Lana Goudie
Georgetown TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Lynn, your wrong about Obama's charity towards his brothers, he is waiting to get elected so he can send our money to Kenya!

MIKE LICAVOLI
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi, Lynn!

I'm am sitting here listening to you this morning talk about Barack. A thought accured to me when you asked what are we going to call him. President Barack, Barack. I have a suggestion. How about President Chicken! After all isn't "Barack" the sound a chicken makes? Sorry. I couldn't help myself and I am laughing so hard everytime you say Barack, Barack , Barack... Cluck, Cluck, Cluck.

I hope it isn't just me.

Have a wonderful day.

James in Killeen.

P.S. Love your show. Don't change.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 am

"Doctors of the Church" is an honorary title given to those who have taught the Faith in an exceptionally effective way. It refers to the ancient definition of the word doctor, which meant "scholar". Medical doctors were referred to as physicians. The point is that Doctors of the Church never have and do not now define doctrine: Popes and Councils do. Doctors of the Church are not and have never been considered infallible or definitive. As a (presumably) well-educated Catholic, she knows this. She is just hoping that the average person won't know it. The Catholic Church is not confused on the issue of abortion. Not even a little bit.
--
Keb Burns
St. Mary's Church
Temple, Texas
Diocese of Austin
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:07 am

Good morning Lynn,

Thanks for your great show!!

I saw a great bumper sticker about Obama the other day and thought I would share it with you:

"I'll keep my dollars and my freedom, you can keep your change."

I don't think the election will even be close, McCain will win hands down. Not pleased with the choice of McCain, but in the end, he'd be better that any Democrat in any office!

Please stay Conservative and keep up the great work!!

R.E. Vaughan
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:08 am

Kelly wanted to know how the new EBatt direction will affect the EBatt ad (Ups and Downs). I told her that I assumed it meant the ad is on hold, but that you would have to clarify that.

DK
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:25 am

Never bought the argument that it's okay for oil companies to make record
profits while consumers suffer. That's the market, capitalism. Some would
say drilling for oil is risky business and "really hard". Well, would
anybody walk 100 miles to pick up 50 bucks? Of course not. Walking 100
miles would be pretty difficult for most people, but lots of folks might
try it if somebody gave them a million.

Similary, I'd say, any business owner or CEO making 2 or 300 times more
than their average employee, probably isn't paying them enough. I know, I
know, market forces, shareholders, blah, blah, blah, it's still
ridiculous.

MPH
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm

You might be interested in this bit of Texas education news...
After increasing per-student spending more 40 percent since the mid-1990s, SAT scores are exactly where they stood then. It's hard to know whose getting the worst deal, our kids or our taxpayers.

To make matters worse, our SAT scores falling even further behind the rest of the nation.

According to the Dallas Morning News today, Texas' SAT scores this year came in at 993 -- 505 in math and 488 in reading -- out of a top score of 1600. That's the same state average as we had in 1997.

The national average is 515 for math and 502 for reading, or 1017 overall.

It's readily apparent "more money" isn't the answer; we've spent more and have nothing to show for it. It's time to fundementally change the system.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi there, Lynn

If you haven't heard, Russia has been dropping cluster bombs on innocent civilians in the Georgian republic which has killed and wounded many innocent people. Many countries have already banned the use of this wide area, non-surgical weapon. Survivor Corps is one of the lead organizations in the movement to ban cluster bombs and to assist survivors of this terrible weapon. I've put together this social media news release which explains everything.

http://banclusterbombs.smnr.us

I would be grateful if you could blog about this very important subject, it would help many people. Please let me know if you are able to help and send me the link to your post. Thanks so much.

Dani

--
Dani Sevilla, Survivor Corps
dsevilla@survivorcorps.org
http://survivorcorps.org
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show