Vast Write Wing - March 2009

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - March 2009

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:02 am

a christion conserative that can spit fire and brimstone at the liberals.Rush?We need to get back to our christion routs.
William
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 am

Lynn
I think you have hit an accord today!!! This is exactly what I was talking about. We must nominate and SUPPORT a candidate who CAN beat Obama!!
That is why I said Rush will never ever run, and Keyes will never, ever win. I mention Cantor as an option/suggestion only. He is very strong, aggressive, articulate, intelligent, and young. Maybe to moderate, but he is one million times better than Obama. Maybe Jindahl, but I do not know enough about him right now. Looking forward to see what his stance is on a few other issues. I think a few of your calls today are echoing this sentiment. What you think?

Michael
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 am

Check this out … Just make sure that you aren’t held in a low esteem like Limbaugh …

Read this article from Politico … then commission a survey for your show listener’s views.

LS

Online at http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19596.html
Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Rush Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger voters - Paul Begala, a close friend of Carville, Greenberg and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, said they found Limbaugh’s overall ratings were even lower than the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s controversial former pastor, and William Ayers, the domestic terrorist and Chicago resident who Republicans sought to tie to Obama during the campaign (read more - Jonathan Martin - Politico)
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:05 am

One more point, Jindell is turning around the state of Louisiana and by 2010 he will have had some tangible policies he has passed that proves he has the capability to turn around a bad situation. Louisiana use to be the poorest state in the nation and was under democratic rule for 60 years. GODS SPEED and thank you for your service to America.

MOE(Temple)
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 am

Lynn,

Can you believe this crap. How can the WSJ take this poll result and say that it is positive for Obama? It is a sign that he is sinking. It will continue. He is killing us.

Bill

March 3, 2009

President Barack Obama is more popular than ever, Americans are hopeful about his leadership, and opposition Republicans are getting drubbed in public opinion, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.

The poll shows a sharp jump in the proportion of Americans who say the nation is "generally headed in the right direction" since Mr. Obama's January inauguration, a period when economic indicators and financial markets have suggested the opposite. The survey shows that 41% of Americans say the country is headed in the right direction, slightly below the 44% who say the country is on the wrong track.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1236120 ... malertNEWS

lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Lynn, Good show again today… I really like your new found passion this week for holding republican politicians to a higher elect-able conservative calling. Bravo! However, as the old dusty, good ole boy, elitist, country club smoking chair gets a long overdue cleaning we may end up seeing a whole different shade in upholstery as the process continues. Here is one example….

The Libertarian leaning Republican, Pat Toomey, is now floating the idea to go after Arlen Specter’s senate seat in Pennsylvania. This is great news and may signify the start of a trend to challenge RINOs in the upcoming elections rather than let them get a free pass in the primaries due to their seniority status. Its going to be hard to scrub out the deep ingrained dirty spots in the upholstery.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/s ... 9422.story

Kerley
Killeen
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:02 pm

How about J.C. Watts?
Larry
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:37 pm

A Wash Times reporter tells a story that a friend of his went to Columbia
law school when Reagan was shot in 1981.When the news was reported,
there was almost unanimous clapping & cheering.i heard this story
a few years ago from ...another source also.
Could this be a group w/ similar motives as those of National Press Club
who stood ,11,000 strong to give ovation to jeremiah Wrong 1yr ago?
Orwell's world has long since arrived ,where good is bad
But don't you dare hope that Obama's unrealistic economic policies...
fail

Al, Lemon Grove
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Lynn, the Queen has nominated Ted Kennedy for Knighthood. Isn't this the same honor bestowed on Elton John who thinks he is a queen?

MIKE LICAVOLI
Harker Hts, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Lynn, I feel so alone. I am 79, I don't get out much anymore and I am watching the country I grew up in disappear before my eyes on T.V. So, sometimes when I have a thought that I want to communicate with someone I just e-mail to you. My thought today may be somewhat trivial but here it is. The Jimmy Carter whitehouse at least wore sweaters when they reduced the heat in the whitehouse, However this bunch in the whitehouse now are throwing parties with one hundred a pound steaks imported from Japan and bragging about it while the rest of us are losing most if not all our retirement income. I also wondered, since Japan imports most of its beef from the U.S.,if those steaks were bought from the US. and then shipped back to the white house. I told you it was silly, anyway I thought red meat was supposed to be bad for us, so why is the white house serving it? Think of all the global warming they say is produced by the methane gas the cattle cause. Bonnie, Midland, Texas
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:57 am

One letter, one commentary, does NOT an administration make or break. Brooks is a Repub.

You Repubs are jumping up and down – ala Rush – at any negative news. Rush is still morbidly obese and you’re still clueless and idealess.

How about the testimony of Rove and Meiers? How about all those memos being uncovered by the Justice Department?

Oh, right … You just want to write about Obama, don’t you, and ignore the news.
LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Yesterday my husband was channel surfing and he paused on msnbc. Rachel Maddof was yelling into the microphone about some dirt on some republican. My husband was shocked. He never had seen or heard her before. He said, "my God, do you know who that woman is? I said yes, that is Rachael Maddof. He, being somewhat hearing impaired , thought I said Rachael Mad Loud, so he said, "Well she really does live up to her name." Just thought that might cheer you up a bit. Bonnie, Midland, Texas
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Hey Lynn,
I am an AMERICAN, Conservative, Christian,Republican(angry white man) . And I listen to you quite often. Where can I find the list of Congress and their PORK PROJECTS??? Just waiting for MID-Term Elections

Thanks

Paul
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 pm

as it pretains to the current financial crises, i have never heard the size of AIG, the Auto Co.'s, Fannie May or Freddie Mac even mentioned. a hundred years ago we broke up Standard Oil for being too big, later it was AT&T. these were successful co.'s delivering a good product at a fair price. the politicans of the day understood the danger. do our pol's today ever pick a history book? can they read? don't do much reading, seems like!
Jim
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Lynn, You keep talking about the mid-terms. That still gives Obama (sorry, I just can't preface that with "president") lots of time to do irreparible damage to our country. He is working very quickly and what he is doing is much worse than I imagined he would do. Everything he is doing is counter-productive to the recovery of the economy. He isn't a stupid man (is he?) so I have to question his intentions. My point being, Are the mid-terms going to be too late??
Hope all is well with you. Went to Dead Fish last night and they had totally changed the menu, much to my dismay. Margaritias were still very good though--lol.
Steph
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show