Vast Write Wing - December 2010

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - December 2010

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 am

Lynn,
I'm so sorry and so sad I have been unable to listen to the show for a
few weeks or even to visit the web site. My job and Christmas hold a higher
priority.
So many things I've been wanting to say, cut government size by 50% in 5
years, reduce Federal salaries by 2/3s, abolish all unions, ban all lawyers
from any type of medical claims trials (that should reduce health care costs by
about 75%), and so on.
And I can't hold back this analogy, that our government wants to oversee
health care, yet their solution to the social, financial and security health of
our nation is to keep trying to treat the symptoms and ignore the cause.
Well the new year and the new congress will begin in a couple of weeks
and I hope we turn the corner and see progress in returning the governing of the
people back to the people.

MY CHRISTMAS WISH FOR ALL;

TO YOU, LYNN, ALL OF YOUR LISTENERS, AND ALL OF OUR CONSERVATIVE
FRIENDS, may holidays be joyful, may everyone's travels be safe, and may one and
all have a Very Merry Christmas, or the holiday you honor at this time, and may
everyone have a Happy New Year.

AND TO OUR LIBERAL FRIENDS, I say with all sincerity, I wish you the
same. And I wish to add this to your Christmas Stocking: May God bless you with
wisdom to serve those who employed you, and the understanding that they want
freedom and opportunity to provide for themselves and their families, and the
understanding that those that desire to do nothing and have the rest of society
to support them are the cancer that will destroy us all if we let them.

Over the next couple of weeks, while we all put life on hold to
celebrate our holidays and enjoy reunions and fellowships with our family and
friends, I hope we can all make an effort to stop talking and start listening.
Listen to what your liberal friends are saying, (liberals, listen to what your
conservative friends are saying,) and rather than argue about how things should
be done, listen to what goals each of us wish to reach. After listening to
and sleeping on what those goals are for two weeks, perhaps we may find our
goals are not that different, and there just may be a way we can work together
and bring us closer to reaching our common goals. What a wonderful Christmas
gift that would be.

Love, God Bless, and Merry Christmas to one and all.

Bill, from Alpine
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 am

From Michael:

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX 18 Nov 2010

Put me in charge ...

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
Alfred W. Evans, Gatesville
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Lynn, The Christmas song you are playing right now with the guy talking with the Swedish accent reminds me of my grandparents. They were from Sweden and talked just like that.

I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Have a nice week off,
Stephanie
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 am

Shirley Best <shirleybest72@gmail.com>

You can still hear this Jack Webb/Johnny Carson bit on you tube. I love it too.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:05 am

Good Morning Lynn! My favorite Christmas songs are “Angels We have Heard on High” by Josh Groban & Brian McKnight or “The First Noel” by Faith Hill and Josh Groban.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Sammi Freehill -
McLane Company, Inc.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

“I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus” Not sure if you could play it on the air. It’s been years since I’ve heard it.

Merry Christmas!
Rick
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:01 am

Clifford <wgovle_59@grandecom.net>

What's gonna happen when a heterosexual soldier knocks the carp out of 'gay' soldier over an unsolicited advance?
What's going to happen when a gang of gay soldiers gang-rapes a straight soldier?

Now any sort of discrimination against a queer soldier will be covered in the UCMJ.

Clifford in Odessa
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:02 am

Lynn, I'm down with issues, we need to plan on how to defeat the administration. First I want to see a presidential we all can get behind. Forget Palin, Huck and Ronmey.
I want to stand behind a candidate like Mike Pence and stand up two years out. We need to assure the Independents are firmly on our side.
Finally we need to get rid of the senate and house leaders, these guys are to old school and really look like a couple of sad sacks. Ever wonder why Savage Calls Mitch the "gobbler"? Boehners whiskey/smokers voice smacks of back room deals.

Mike Licavoli
Harker Hts, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 pm

I heard your comments this morning (12-23-10) about the new policy of
having openly homosexual soldiers in our military, and am like you,
concerned about this action.

I think it would be worthwhile for the government to maintain (as they
already may) data on the incidence of AIDS in the military before and
after this action. I believe taxpayers are obligated to provide care for
military members who become afflicted with HIV while in the service, and
of course the gay community has diligently since the early 80's worked to
make HIV and AIDS just another STD by deliberately infecting women.

Warm Regards and Merry Christmas, Allen in Belton
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:01 pm

From Shirley on Copper Clappers:

Here's the link-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pWBJiW0Xpo

BTW-We attended the Walid Shoebat seminar. It was great. Thanks
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey Lynn, I don't get to hear the show so often now-a-day's, but I heard towards the end of the show today, and you were saying that you were tired of Muslims, and that you'd give Ron Paul a call, etc...

I just want to say thanks for that! I, like you, really don't know what we're still doing over there, and I'm tired of my taxes going to those Islamic countries. It's bad enough when Obama is taking my taxes for illegal immigrant health care and federally funded abortions!

Thanks for all you do, and I'll listen every time a radio is near my ear. Thanks Lynn, Merry Christmas!

S. C. B.

Steven Chad Burrow
Mathematics Professor

Steven,

What I'm tired of is fighting for the freedom of Middle Eastern nations that do not appreciate our sacrifices. I think it's time we bring our soldiers home.

Lynn
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:01 am

-- Sent to Donna Garner by Bill Proctor, activist in Texas Tea Party movement

Everyone,

Besides the Liberty Institute winning the court case that brought the Speaker’s race out into the open. The Speaker is part of the line of succession to the Governor and therefore I believe that the People have a right to press their representatives on this issue.

I sent the following to Representative Zerwas and I believe that others should send something similar to their Representatives.

While we have been told from many local Texas Representatives that the selection of a Speaker of the House is not a matter for constituents, I found the following which I believe totally contradicts those statements:

3.4 Succession

According to the Texas Constitution, the Lieutenant Governor becomes Governor should the office become vacant due to the death, resignation, or removal of the Governor. The Lieutenant Governor also serves as acting Governor when the Governor is out of state, a factor which has come into play in recent years due to the national roles played by Texas governors Richards and Bush. Richards actively campaigned for Bill Clinton in 1992 and frequently traveled out of the state. Bush's presidential candidacy also found him outside the state campaigning, enabling then Lieutenant Governor Rick Perry to gain experience and public exposure in the office he would ultimately occupy on a full-time basis. Such situations provide a financial bonus for the lieutenant governor, whose regular salary is $20 per day, but he or she earns the governor's pay rate of $316 per day when serving as acting governor.

Legislation sets the chain of succession after the Lieutenant Governor, with the governorship passing to the President pro tempore of the Texas Senate, the Speaker of the House, the Attorney General, and the Chief Judges of the Texas Courts of Appeals in ascending order.

The chain of succession specified by the Texas Constitution differs from the United States Constitution: Texas succession incorporates Courts of Appeals, rather than department heads of the executive branch.

Texas Politics: 23 Dec 2010
© 2009, Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services
University of Texas at Austin
2nd Edition - Revision 44
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:18 pm

From the Tea Party Nation comes info that gay judge ,Vaughn walker as struck again.
This time he's favoring El Qaeda,.......so deeply -rooted are his American values!
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW CONSERVATIVES LET THE LEFT INSTALL HIM DELIBERATELY TO JUDGE THESE CASES./. This judge-shopping issue is one huge problem,allowing the left to keep inserting rulings over the will of the majority( a la Pelosi's healthcare bill) It's mind-boggling that conservatives are asleep about judge-shopping. it's a clear loophole that must be closed.this constitutes eenie-meenie-minee-mo application of the law that continually ...key word is ..continually, trumps the will of the people

I complained at the time of Walker's original ruling, that his staus as a super-minority should have caused recusal. When have minorities ever ruled in favor of the majority?
It's a conflict of interest...and if you can't see it, that means there are others like you ...and we're doomed to acquiese to gloria steinem's 1978 proclamation" what you pass at the ballot box we'll overturn in the courts"
I'm hopping-mad about this whole scenario

Al, Lemon Grove
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Dear Lynn
Just a note to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a good New Year. This morning I was listing to your radio program and eating Ponderosa Jerky, it doesn't get much better than this. I've had a good 2010 and I expect 2011 to be even better.
Amos E. Martinez
In His Service
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:53 am

The VA has had this stipulation for years. The VA goes to great lengths to get a VA eligable person to sign a waiver that dictates that no live saving procedures are to be administered. This has been a fact for a decade or more. Yes they do open heart surgery and some other procedures, however the fact remains. I have always intended to check myself into the VA at the end to be let down quick and easy.
Chuck
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 06:22:43 -0600
Subject: . . THE LYING SUN OF A GUNS . . . New Life for End-of-Life Planning (THE DEATH PANELS WERE MOVED)
Good Sunday morning and a Happy New Year to all...gb

Remember the "Death Panels" in the ObamaCare "they" said that wasn't in the bill?....
Well "they" moved it to Medicare..check it out........gb

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/26/me ... latestnews
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show