Vast Write Wing - July 2011

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Vast Write Wing - July 2011

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Mr. Woolley
I like Beck he ok. I DVR it everyday. But I don't have time too watch him on my computer for 3 hrs a day so I won't get GBTV. + I too cheap to pay for it. Cable cost enough.

Lynn lay off Rush. I think his tea is a great idea. Pretty smart. Your sounding jealous & Its not becoming. I don't think you are but that's how it sounds.

I can't stand O'Reilly when Jaun Williams subs. It's almost as bad as Mary Beth Harrell subbing for you. Laura I is great though. You should try & sub for Rush.

Hope you and Ben have a great fourth. Hear you Tuesday
Ken
lwoolley
Site Admin

Re: Vast Write Wing - July 2011

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am

Lynn,

We live in Dallas, but I was in the Temple area a couple of weeks back. It was great hearing your voice again!

Take care,
Dirk Armbrust
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:42 pm

It was disgusting what happened in Austin this past week in that the Sanctuary cities bill didn't pass.
I see that Jimmie Don Aycock,the man who isrep. for my area and responsible for voting the way his own supporters would want him to,is on the list below,
A Strass follower and to me the same as being an Obama boy.

I've never cared for Aycock in that, a couple of years ago, he, along with some others, also tried to take advantage of 100% disabled veterans of the state pertaining to a property tax break they were to receive.
He and enough of the rest did come through at the end when they saw the veterans were not falling for their excuses, and it did pass.
But not before causing a lot of heartbreak for people who some had suffered horrible injuries in the name of the country.

There is word now that due to the redistricting,Sheffield may become my areas representative,replacing Aycock which I would dislike just as much as Aycock and will not vote or back him on anything.I do not trust Sheffield nor would I be able to take him at his word.

The representatives who say they are conservative But who instead once they get to Austin, are easily talked into going along with other good ole boys, do not deserve to have a spot in the governing of the people.
Many are too weak willed in standing their ground and doing what they promised their constituents they would do once elected.

Elizabeth/Killeen

Speaker Straus releases confirmed pledges
Posted on November 3rd, 2010 @ 01:11 AM
Confirmed List of Pledges for Republican Texas House Speaker Joe Straus
UPDATED: Partial listing as of November 3, 2010 1:25 a.m.
I am honored to have the support of 128 of my colleagues for Speaker, including 79 Republicans and 49 Democrats. I congratulate every House candidate elected, and I look forward to working with each member for the good of our state.
Aliseda, Jose
Allen, Alma
Alonzo, Roberto
Alvarado, Carol
Anchia, Rafael
Anderson, Charles "Doc"
Aycock, Jimmie Don
Beck, Marva
Bohac, Dwayne
Bonnen, Dennis
Branch, Dan
Brown, Fred
Burnam, Lon
Button, Angie Chen
Callegari, William "Bill"
Carter, Stefani
Castro, Joaquin
Coleman, Garnet
Cook, Byron
Creighton, Brandon
Crownover, Myra
Darby, Drew
Davis, John
Deshotel, Joe
Driver, Joe
Dukes, Dawnna
Dutton, Harold
Eiland, Craig
Eissler, Rob
Elkins, Gary
Farias, Joe
Farrar, Jessica
Fletcher, Allen
Frullo, John
Gallego, Pete
Garza, John
Geren, Charlie
Giddings, Helen
Gonzales, Larry
Gonzales, Veronica
Gonzalez, Naomi
Gooden, Lance
Guillen, Ryan
Gutierrez, Roland
Hamilton, Mike
Hancock, Kelly
Hardcastle, Rick
Harless, Patricia
Harper-Brown, Linda
Hartnett, Will
Hernandez, Ana
Hilderbran, Harvey
Hochberg, Scott
Hopson, Chuck
Howard, Donna
Huberty, Dan
Hughes, Bryan
Hunter, Todd
Jackson, Jim
Johnson, Eric
Keffer, Jim
King, Susan
King, Tracy
Kleinschmidt, Tim
Kolkhorst, Lois
Larson, Lyle
Laubenberg, Jodie
Lavender, George
Legler, Ken
Lewis, Tryon
Lozano, J.M.
Lucio III, Eddie
Lyne, Lanham
Madden, Jerry
Mallory Caraway, Barbara
Margo, Dee
Marquez, Marisa
Martinez, Armando
McClendon, Ruth Jones
Menendez, Jose
Miles, Borris
Miller, Doug
Miller, Sid
Munoz, Sergio, Jr.
Murphy, Jim
Naishtat, Elliott
Nash, Barbara
Oliveira, Rene
Orr, Rob
Otto, John
Parker, Tan
Patrick, Diane
Paxton, Ken
Pena, Aaron
Phillips, Larry
Pickett, Joe
Pitts, Jim
Price, Four
Quintanilla, Chente
Raymond, Richard
Reynolds, Ron
Riddle, Debbie
Ritter, Allan
Rodriguez, Eddie
Schwertner, Charles
Scott, Connie
Sheffield, Ralph
Shelton, Mark
Smith, Todd
Smith, Wayne
Smithee, John
Solomons, Burt
Strama, Mark
Straus, Joe
Taylor, Larry
Thompson, Senfronia
Torres, Raul
Truitt, Vicki
Turner, Sylvester
Veasey, Marc
Villarreal, Mike
Vo, Hubert
Walle, Armando
Weber, Randy
Workman, Paul
Zedler, Bill
Zerwas, John
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Danny Bailey <dannybailey56@gmail.com>

Thank you for bringing to the attention of your listening audience the extreme salaries of school administrators. One simple rule to remedy the problem might be: No administrator can make more that twice that of the highest paid instructor. A rule that would restrict the power of the school board.

I would like to bring up another topic that most avoid. The cost of high school sports.

In Texas, sports is the god of public schools with no expense spared. (When I am put in charge of the world, I will eliminate all public funded sports. I will probably be assassinated the second day that I am in power!!) Can you imagine the budget of a school district that doesn’t have to maintain all of the sports arenas, dozens of coaches, cost of travel including bus expenses, uniforms, sports equipment, etc. ?

My question is, “What the heck does football, basketball, baseball, etc. have to do with my child’s education?” Absolutely nothing. I want schools to equip students with the fundamentals of education ….”reading, writing, and arithmetic”. If a city wanted a particular sport, let it be privately organized and funded.

Public schools should do what they were intended to do. Public schools should educate. Public schools should not be a training ground for college athletes. Public schools should not have to strive to get low performing students to improve their grades to play sports. The “no-pass no-play” rule always seemed backward to me. Everything revolves around getting the “dumb-failing” athlete to raise a grade to the minimum. It makes more sense to make a rule that states that a student must be making straight A’s in order to participate in any extra curricular activity.

Texas should cut public funds to sports…..ALL OF THEM. Let the public schools offer a P.E. class. I am tired of paying for stadiums, the utilities and the maintenance for the stadiums, head-coaches, assistant coaches, buses, meals, helmets, shoes, socks, laundry, injuries, security, etc., etc., etc., …….the list is long. Let’s start a true “pay to play” system. Disconnect public funds from sports.

I know what your listeners will probably say: “I agree with Lynn, cut the salaries of school administrators, but keep your hands off of the football program. I don’t care if the sports budget is 4 million dollars, we almost went to state last year.”

Thanks,
Danny in Odessa
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:03 am

Lynn, I'm visiting my parents in central Florida this week, but still listening to you live via an app on my Android phone. Great program! And btw, I'm learning Spanish, since it seems to be a requirement if I plan to stay in Texas. Have a great day!
Joe Reeves, Copperas Cove, via Tampa FL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:01 am

Mr. Woolley

What about Sid Miller? I don't like him anyhow. You got alot of listeners in Copperss Cove. I wish they'd divide up district's in a way that would make sense.

Listening to a replay of one of your colleague's this weekend. He offended me. Saying Liberals will be drinking Corona for the 4th?? Well I drink Corona. And I think it's Patriotic. How you ask? Keeps some jobs in Mexico so they can stay on their side of the Border. Lol

Have a good week
Ken
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 pm

redacted
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm

I take your points.

But the "Great Recession" was not started by any of these things, though they were complicating issues. The problem started when government (Barney Frank, etc) decided that every breathing person in the USA should own a home regardless of ability to pay back a mortgage.

From that flowed other facts:

1. Banks were "encouraged" to make bad loans spurred by "compassion."
2. Banks realized they could offload risk to bundled investments and to Fannie Mae.
3. Fannie's executives realized they could make millions in bonuses by showing "success" in these sub-prime loans.

So banks were making loans to unworthy clients based on a wing, a prayer, and the full backing of the government (taxpayer).

Bush's tax cuts and the wars were complications.

My points this morning were:

1. There were other ways to fix the mess without the taxpayer (who started none of this) being on the hook -- at least as much as he is.
2. The car companies could have been taken into receivership, busted up and sold off -- without union meddling to screw them up.
3. The big banks -- CitiBank and BOA could have been busted up and sold to other banks, ending Too Big To Fail.
4. Barney and some of his buddies should have at least been called on the carpet, but they all got away as did all the crooks at Fannie Mae.
5. The stimuluses (all of them) have pretty much failed. (See unemployment stats).
6. Free markets work, but not when there is NO CHANCE OF FAILURE due to government (taxpayer) safety nets for business with no safety net for taxpayers.
7. Some of your PhD's should have caught this much earlier and screamed bloody murder. Bush and McCain actually did try to head this off but were rebuffed by Frank.

So would the world as we know it have come to and end if we had sought a more free-market solution? You're not alone in thinking so. But I'll bet the world doesn't end on August 2nd either, no matter what Congress decides.

Lynn
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm

redacted
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

You seem to have me confused with the Republicans.

I don't care who screwed up; just that the taxpayers have to pick up the tab and no politician seems to take any heat. Also, by blaming B. Frank, I am talking about the sub-prime crisis in which he clearly pushed the envelope. You might be right about the other events; I have no idea.

I simply object to several things and want to see them fixed:

1. Too Big To Fail.
2. Automobile manufacturers who agree to union demands, but push the added benefits down the road so that when the current workers retire, taxpayers have to bail them out.
3. Unfunded entitlements. The Bush Pharmaceutical Benefit is a fine example.
4. Fannie/Freddie execs getting rich off the taxpayers.
5. Tax credit for oil companies.
6. Tax credits for any companies.
7. The income tax. (Prefer the Fair Tax)
8. Over-regulation. I'll let you decide what that means, but it means more if TBTF is done away with. There MUST be a price for failure.
9. Unintended consequences of programs like Medicare. We can only guess what we will get from Obamacare.
10. Never ending war. It has to end at some point.

You're the financial guy so I bow to you on the details. My point is that, as a taxpayer, I'm damn well tired of getting stuck with the mess.

Lynn
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 am

redacted
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 am

Well, the SOL and the USL are pretty much on the same page in this latest
intellectual eruption. Could be that it's my degree in Economics that is
overriding my CPA credentials--kinda like one who is a lawyer-CPA-financial
planner. Indeed, I used to be of the opinion that electing Republicans would
result in a favorable political trendline, but that hasn't worked real well
either. However, it is possible to rehabilitate Republicans, but Democrats
are profligate beyond redemption. Concurrently, I tend to judge candidates
by their expressed willingness to stick to principle and lose the next
election. Where is Jesse Ventura when you really need him?
USL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

As far as I knows, nobody knows who the father of Caylee, but there was no husband.

Listener from Florida
Pat Hogan
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

redacted
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:23 am

Hi, I'm a longtime listener... and I admire your courage to speak the truth. TSA has announced that they are going to prepare new "enhanced" searches on folks, for fear of "surgically implanted expl0sives". Ask anyone who's recently had surgery how uncomfortable they are/were for a time shortly there after. Now imagine having 8, no, 16(maximum area of effectiveness) expl0sives implanted in a human body, with the skin stretched so tightly, the stitches can't hold the wound closed properly! This is no outpatient kind of work, this is very serious work and requires lots of resources just to keep this patient alive after surgery! Not to mention, any normal pat-down would reveal the strange nature and recent scars, or strange limited body movements due to dynam!te poking through the ribs(litterally)! This shows that TSA is a farce and they need to be exposed as not just a huge fundamental waste of taxpayers money, but as a huge threat to our liberty and freedom!

Regards,

Joe
lwoolley
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show