Vast Write Wing - October 2011

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Vast Write Wing - October 2011

Postby lwoolley on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 pm

Herman Cain won 48.9% of the straw poll, Perry 14.1%. Someone at the National Federation of Republican Women’s conference told me another very interesting phenomenon: 49% of the attendees said they identify with the Tea Party.

– Donna Garner

http://www.nfrw.org/news/20111002.htm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
October 2, 2011
405-596-3873 or lziriax@nfrw.org
Cain Wins Near-Majority in Presidential Straw Poll
of National Federation of Republican Women
Perry Places Second; Romney Third

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – In a presidential straw poll taken at the National Federation of Republican Women’s (NFRW) 36th Biennial Convention on Oct. 1, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain took a near-majority of the vote.

Cain received 48.9 percent of the 505 total votes cast, with Rick Perry placing a distant second and Mitt Romney placing third. The poll featured nine Republican presidential candidates.

“In a straw poll with this many candidates on the ballot, it is unusual for one candidate to receive almost half of the votes,” said Karen Floyd, former chair of the South Carolina Republican Party and publisher of PalladianView.com, which conducted the poll. “It is very impressive.”

Straw poll voters consisted of Republican women activists from 41 states who were registered to attend the NFRW’s convention. “This straw poll is significant because the voters are Republican women from across the nation who are extremely active and influential in their states and communities,” NFRW President Sue Lynch said.

Following is the breakdown of the vote:

Herman Cain – 48.9%
Rick Perry – 14.1%
Mitt Romney – 13.3%
Newt Gingrich – 12.5%
Rick Santorum – 6.9%
Michele Bachmann – 1.4%
Ron Paul – 0.6%
Gary Johnson – 0.4%
Jon Huntsman – 0.2%
Undecided – 1.8%

Each of these presidential candidates was invited to address the NFRW convention, which was held in Kansas City Sept. 29-Oct. 2. Cain, Gingrich and Santorum accepted the invitation and spoke on Oct. 1.

Full straw poll results are available at http://www.nfrw.org/documents/conventio ... esults.pdf.

Founded in 1938, the NFRW has thousands of active members in local clubs across the nation and in several U.S. territories, making it one of the largest women’s political organizations in the country. The grassroots organization works to promote the principles and objectives of the Republican Party, elect Republican candidates, inform the public through political education and activity, and increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government.

lwoolley
Site Admin

Re: Vast Write Wing - October 2011

Postby lwoolley on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Subject: 10/1/11 Austin American-Statesman

Police, paramedics 'horrified' after pickup crashes into stretcher...Man faces murder charge after officials say he hits his injured mother with truck, narrowly avoiding first responders. (Scroll down for photos)

Police, paramedics 'horrified' after pickup crashes into stretcher

Man faces murder charge after officials say he hits his injured mother with truck, narrowly avoiding first responders.

By Patrick George
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Updated: 10:17 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, 2011
Published: 9:24 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30, 2011
After two paramedics found 72-year-old Virginia Samuelson in her car suffering from injuries she received when, police say, her son assaulted her, they put her on a stretcher and began loading her into an ambulance.
That's when they and two officers heard the screeching of tires and saw a pickup flying toward them.
They tried to push the stretcher out of the way, but couldn't do it in time, according to an arrest affidavit.
The affidavit said the truck was driven by Virginia Samuelson's son, 45-year-old Shaun David Samuelson , who deliberately crashed into her stretcher and dragged her along a street Thursday night in South Austin, narrowly missing the paramedics and police but killing her.
Samuelson was charged with first-degree murder and remained in custody Friday at the Travis County Jail. His bail has been set at $500,000.
Warren Hassinger , a spokesman for Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services, said the paramedics and officers at the scene were horrified by the outcome.
"They made a valiant attempt to save her life by pulling her out of the way, but couldn't," Hassinger said.
The affidavit said that about 7 p.m. Thursday, officers arrived at the parking lot of an Exxon gas station at 1222 S. Lamar Blvd., near Lamar Square Drive. Virginia Samuelson had called 911 saying she had been badly beaten by her son, the affidavit said. The officers began investigating the scene as paramedics helped the woman onto a stretcher, it said.
They then heard the screeching tires and saw a truck coming toward them at a fast speed from around a corner, the affidavit said.
Hassinger said the car jumped the curb and made a "beeline" for Virginia Samuelson on the stretcher. He said one of the paramedics pushed his partner out of the way and screamed at the police officers to run. They tried to get the woman to safety but were unable to do so in time, he said.
The truck collided with the stretcher and dragged it underneath about 75 yards down Lamar Square Drive, the affidavit said. Virginia Samuelson was pronounced dead at the scene; no one else was injured.
Traffic was heavy on Lamar that evening, Hassinger said. The wreck was witnessed by many people driving and in restaurants nearby.
Officers took Shaun Samuelson into custody without incident, the affidavit said.
When interviewed by a homicide detective, Samuelson said he was going to jail for the rest of his life. When the detective asked him why that was, according to the affidavit, he said it was because he killed his mom.
A search of public records indicates Shaun Samuelson has several convictions for assault.
Hassinger said the incident was an extremely unusual one that shocked several veteran officers and paramedics at the scene.
He said that although it's not unusual for assailants to return to the scene of the crime, what happened Thursday night was rare.
"As unfortunate as it is, it could have been much worse," Hassinger said.
"If they hadn't seen him coming, we could have had two dead cops and two dead medics, too," he said.
pgeorge@statesman.com; 445-3548
Find this article at:
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/pol ... 89114.html

lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:00 am

Dear Lynn
I heard you indicate that you would prefer a church that concentrates on the New Testament. At New Hope Community Church, we believe and teach the New Covenant that was given to us when Jesus died. If you are interested in: The teaching of Jesus and His disciples, What the scriptures tell us we must do to live a Christian life, Growing in the grace, peace and freedom in Christ Jesus. Therefore I invite you to visit NHCC.

Amos E. Martinez
In His Service
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 pm

I really like what Newt Gingrich says politically most of the time. However, it is what he has done with his life that makes me doubt his sincerity and his moral compass.

I admire people who walk the talk, the kind who make mistakes but who are genuinely repentant and strive to do better in the future. After all, none of us except for Jesus is perfect. At the same time, I do not appreciate hypocrites; and it has been clear to me for some years that Newt Gingrich definitely has two sets of values – the ones that he uses in public and the ones that he follows in his daily life.

Esquire is obviously not a conservative magazine, but this article published in September 2010 seems less biased than most liberal publications and frequently quotes Newt himself. The fascinating part about this particular article is that the author interviewed Newt’s second wife Marianne. Her comments reflect a lack of bitterness, and her transparency is refreshing.

Marianne Gingrich was married to Newt for 18 years. He asked Marianne to marry him while his first wife Jackie was dying of cancer. Later on when Marianne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, she found out that Newt had been having an affair with Callista Bisek for six years. Callista and Newt now live a luxurious lifestyle because of the wealth he has gained from American Solutions, Center for Health Transformation, and Citizens United.

The most telling part of the Esquire article to me is the following quote which Marianne evidently stated without undue malice:

He asked her [Marianne] to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.

He'd just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he'd given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.

The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, "How do you give that speech and do what you're doing?"

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."

I know that people can change, and I certainly do believe that we can be forgiven for our wrongdoings; but that does not mean we can escape the natural consequences in this life for the poor choices we have made.

When voters are considering the best person to elect as our President, we need to hold that person to a high standard. He must be honest; he must have a moral compass by which he lives; he must be a role model for Americans and for the world to respect; he must have already demonstrated unwavering courage and integrity while under fire; he should have a humble attitude toward others and possess self-discipline. Unfortunately, I do not see these attributes in Newt Gingrich; and I do not want him to be elected President nor chosen as Vice President where he could be merely a breath away from assuming the Presidency.

Donna Garner
Wgarner1@hot.rr.com

============================
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 am

Remember her? She ran against Congressman Lloyd Doggett in November 2010. Today I am here to tell you that she will challenge the entrenched incumbent Texas Senator Jeff Wentworth from SD 25 in the 2012 primary election. I had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Donna and this is what I discovered about her. Not only is she a breath of fresh air and dynamic, she actually seems to have more energy than I have, imagine that! She is passionate about Texas and is willing to stand for our conservative values. If elected, no longer will we have a senator who votes with the moderates and Liberals, but a senator who will take the R behind her name seriously.

Donna graduated from Texas Women’s University in Dallas where she earned her nursing degree. She received her M.D. from Texas Tech and is double boarded in ophthalmology and emergency medicine. Presently she is the emergency department medical director for Columbus Community Hospital in Columbus, Texas and periodically serves the emergency departments of other hospitals in the area.

If you will remember I wrote a report on Wentworth dated February 21, 2011, HOW EASILY WE ARE LED - CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION. The most memorable information Wentworth gave to the people attending the Tea Party meeting in San Antonio was this, “I am not obligated to follow the Republican Platform where people meet once every two years.”

And I wrote in my report. For his information, about 5,000 delegates and alternates attended the 2010 convention in Dallas. Maybe he should let them know what he thinks of the Republican Platform. Then he continued to bury himself by saying that abortion was NOT one of the top ten issues for his constituents. He listed education and the budget as priorities and proceeded to brag that abortion had been around every since he began his career and that he continues to be reelected. So in essence he will NOT listen to his Senate District 25 constituent’s voice or the Republican platform.

Texans must be prepared to vote for those candidates who will represent our concerns and fight for our family values. We do not need someone who does not listen to the people. Donna has a history of listening to her patients and will no doubt listen to her constituents.

RED SONJA 08©
libertyphoto@att.net
PRAY, UNITE, KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

=======================================================================================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 3, 2011

210-259-5053

www.DonnaCampbell.com

DR. DONNA CAMPBELL ANNOUNCES RUN FOR STATE SENATE DISTRICT 25

NEW BRAUNFELS, TX – Today Dr. Donna Campbell announced her intention to seek the Republican nomination for Texas Senate, District 25 in order to fill a void of conservative leadership. As a medical doctor, mother of four children, and devoted conservative activist, Donna Campbell brings a real-world perspective to the race.

In announcing her candidacy, Campbell stated, “Texas embodies the conservative dream in America. The voters of Senate District 25 deserve to have a Senator who accurately represents their conservative values. The call for limited government, fiscal responsibility, and unwavering family values cannot be ignored any longer.”

“Texans deserve better than lip service to conservatism,” Campbell continued.” “As a State Senator I will fight to keep Texas from looking more like Washington. Protecting innocent life and tackling the fiscal hurdle that is facing our state this next biennium are some of my priorities during the next legislative session.”

Former Hays County precinct chair Jim Clements endorsed Campbell, saying “The principles Donna Campbell stands for are aligned with the conservative values of the voters of SD 25. I’m overjoyed by her candidacy and look forward to working on her campaign.”

Conservative activist Michelle Lockhoof also said of Campbell, “Donna Campbell is pro-life, and supports fiscal sanity—both of which are lacking in Austin today. We need to elect Donna to ensure conservative representation in the State Senate.”

Hays County precinct chair Brian Mcauliffe gave his full support to Campbell’s candidacy as well. “Donna has proven to be resolute advocate for the conservative values of Texas voters. We need someone of her character in the State Senate.”

Donna is board certified in both ophthalmology and emergency medicine. Donna and her husband, Stan, have four beautiful daughters and live in the city of New Braunfels. More information regarding Donna Campbell’s candidacy can be found at http://donnacampbell.com/.

lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 am

Lynn,

I really don't think your giving president osama due credit on illegal immigration.no matter how unorthodox,he thinks if he completely destroys this country maybe nobody will want to sneak ikn,maybe they will sneak back out. lol love your show.

thanks folr your time sir,

terry knaus
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:33 am

Lynn-
My Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law sent their daughter to private school after she had tried to go to public school for a month or two. That was 10 years ago and I am sure it has gotten worse. Many young teachers refuse to apply for jobs in Dallas ISD because the school district is so poor.
Round Rock Ron

Ps- Keep up the good work and your commercials are hilarious. When you hit that nuclear cow, I almost lost it.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:23 am

On 9.28.11, the U. S. Department of Education announced that it has awarded $1,431,929.00 to Harmony Charter Schools in Texas to open seven new schools, The USDOE also awarded $9,463,103.00 for KIPP Foundation to open 18 new schools in various parts of the country including Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

The good news is that in this last round of charter schools approved by the Texas State Board of Education at its September 2011 meeting, no new Gulen-Cosmos Foundation-Harmony Charter Schools applied. Hopefully by the time that they submit their applications for any more new schools, our elected leaders will have taken a more cautionary approach and will reject any future Gulen-Cosmos Foundation-Harmony Charter Schools in Texas. Unfortunately, we already have 36 here in Texas.

The differences between Harmony and KIPP are immense. KIPP has a proven record of academic success while Harmony Charter Schools is tied to Fethullah Gulen, an Islamist imam, and is a part of the Gulen network that is indoctrinating students into Islam using our tax dollars to do it. [To gain more insight into the Gulen-Cosmos Foundation-Harmony Charter Schools, please go to the articles posted at the bottom of this e-mail.]

The Texas House Investigating Committee has been charged with investigating the Harmony Charter schools, and I heard from several Texas legislators yesterday that the investigation is occurring as we speak. I trust that this committee is doing a worthy job that will satisfy the Texas voters.

The U. S. Congress is in the midst of voting on SB 1566 “Empowering Parents Through Quality Charter Schools Act.” When this bill comes up for further Congressional consideration, I hope that charter school safeguards will be implemented into the bill. The same holds true for future charter school legislation in Texas; the charter school safeguards must be an important part of any piece of charter school legislation.

Why the safeguards? When charter school legislation “blesses” good, solid, legitimate charter schools such as KIPP, the same legislation also “blesses” the Gulen Charter Schools and their nefarious and deceptive agenda.

We must have charter school legislation with safeguards in place both at the state and federal levels that will make sure our taxpayers’ dollars are not going to support an Islamist agenda.

Americans need to demand that their Congressmen and state legislators implement charter school safeguards. Here are two sets of charter school safeguards that have been proposed by various experts.

1. That a financial audit conducted under generally accepted accounting practices by an independent, reputable auditor be required - and publicly available - from any charter school operator applying for bond guarantees or other financial incentives;

2. That the name, address, and citizenship of all board members and key administrators applying for said guarantee(s) or other financial incentives issued by the state be recorded and made available to the public;

3. That the funds in the underlying bonds or other financial incentives to privately owned, publicly financed schools are to be used solely for schools within Texas;

4. Severe criminal penalties for fraudulent activities involving bond guarantees or other financial incentives issued by states - such as a Class 2 Felony for criminal or securities fraud violations.

===================
Safeguards proposed in the 82nd Legislative Session in Texas but that the Texas Legislature did not pass:
1. Proof of U. S. citizenship for all charter school operator board members and top five highest-paid administrators. (Public ISD trustees must be U. S. citizens.)
2. Names, titles, and biographies posted online for all charter operator board members and top five highest-paid administrators.
3. Check registers posted online. (Over 70 % of local ISD dollars are online.)
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Lynn,

Since I cannot listen to you every day I don't know if you have covered this or not. Here is the information I have.

Update Information on Locksmith

Having been unable to contact Mr. Armbrister or Ralph Sheffield for an update on this action I contacted Mr. Bulls personally via phone call on Wednesday, 10/5/2011. Mr. Bulls stated that Ralph Sheffield had been very pro-active in arranging for Mr. Bulls to take the Locksmith test, not only once but twice. Mr. Bulls feels without Ralph Sheffield’s help he would still be closed. Mr. Sheffield also told Mr. Bulls that this law comes up for review in a year and a half and he felt that all locksmiths would be removed from this law, thus, preventing any other locksmith from enduring this type of treatment. Mr. Bulls stated that he had received an outpouring of help from all surrounding residents and thanks everyone for their support.

The Central Texas Tea Party gives a big thank you to Ralph Sheffield for helping Mr. Bulls in this matter.

Judy Brady
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm

The greatest guitarist to date is SRV. I'm sorry, but I cannot listen to your show anymore ;)

--
Jeremy McPeak
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:36 am

SOL,
Henninger’s column in today’s WSJ is big-time sagacious. The title, Christie Rests His Case, would cause one to think “This is gonna be boring” before one reads it. Not so. The best line in the column is “This is the half-wit way we pick presidents now.” Think: That 60% who proudly call themselves ‘Independents’ who, in their un- and under-informed state are responsible for Obama’s occupancy of the White House and now they are sooooooo disappointed. You’ll understand after you read it.

Metaphor: If a person is wearing a tee shirt with Double T on it he went to Texas Tech; If another a person is wearing a tee shirt with a likeness of Ol’ Sarge on it he went to A&M, If yet another person is wearing a baseball cap with OU on it he went to U of Oklahoma, and if a person is wearing a tee shirt with the likeness of a severely deformed embroidered on it he probably went to WalMart or a convenience store…..and he is probably a proud political Independent……..who voted for Obama.

Advice: Brush up on the Smoot-Hawley Tariff ACT of 1930. The new and improved version is on the horizon and awaits your commentary.
USL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 am

Sam Madden <samuel.madden@yahoo.com>

Dear Mr. Woolley,

I read your op-ed piece which appeared in the Dallas Morning News. And your right, Dems want it both ways. But so do Republicans. Republicans state they want the free market system to work. But when it doesn't and big firms may fail, then they want to bail them out. The most recent bailouts started with the Bush administration and then continued with the Obama administration. And it's like my daughter use to say when she was 8, "But you let me do it before."

Bottomline is that neither party is reasonable. The far right are against any tax hikes whatsoever, because they state you can't tax the job creators. I am a tax accountant. The job creators are not the rich it is the consumer. If I own a business and the government cuts my taxes, that does not induce me to hire. Only increased demand for my product will induce me to hire. Companies right now are sitting on record piles of cash, yet they are not hiring because the demand is not there.

Both parties need to be thrown out on their butts. The rich should not be allowed to have lobbyists in Washington. And we should TRULY get back to government by the people and for the people and a TRUE free market economy where the government does not subsidize, does not make loans, and definitely does not bailout!
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:05 am

Mr. Woolley

Why do the primary's run like they do instead of a single day like the general election? It's not right a few pick our nominees

I believe all national elections should be done in a single 24 hr period. Pick a single time zone all US voting areas vote same 24hr period. Like a military Zulu time. No exit polls. Of coarse we Need a national voter ID card. Maybe purple dyed fingers .

I'm starting to believe Obama is gonna be reelected. Think about it. Like 2008 the media is picking our nominee. Romney now McCain then. And he's no different than Obama . Not much different. Just a thought. I like Herman Cain the best 2nd Bachmann.

Have a good day sir
Great show
Ken
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Patricia Brandon <brandon7979@hotmail.com>

I will never ever support your narrow minded hunting trip to rip vice president Al Gore. Climate change is so real there are raging fires in TX, floods up the east coast, the island nations are losing ground to the ocean, pine trees in the Rockies are being denuded by invasive beetles, Alaskan tundra is melting. But YOU are either blind or a bad liar. Your ignorant assessment is based on republican-murdochian-AFA head in the sand baseless crap. Well guess what Woolley - the Artic now has a hole in the ozone as well as the Anartic. Ozone depletion around the world is a scientific fact and over 80% of the cause is man made. Do your research! And shut-up about something you know nothing about. Imagine the world without an ozone layer that will put your grandchildren underground. You are an idiot!
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:22 pm

John Forehand <jpforehand76@aol.com>

You know what goes on and you cover up for people like Rick Perry, these are vile and evil slugs that have created the world we live in. This hunting lease is the norm
lwoolley
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show