Vast Write Wing - March 2012

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - March 2012

Postby lwoolley on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

For PolitiFact.com to have to admit begrudgingly that Rick Santorum is right must give these leftwing media types heartburn; but obviously, even they have to agree that Santorum is standing on the facts.

Over 40% of children born in America are indeed born out of wedlock; and guess who gets to pick up the tab – cradle to the grave – for these unwed mothers and their children. You guesed it -- those 51% of us hard-working Americans who are “lucky” enough to pay all the federal income taxes so that the other 48% can sit back and let us.

I am thankful that we Republicans have a candidate, Rick Santorum, who is not afraid to tell it like it is.

Until we deal with root causes (teenage sexual activity), not only will the number of out-of-wedlock children continue to increase but the rates of sexually transmitted diseases will continue to skyrocket.

It looks as if “social issues” are indeed tied to “pocketbook issues” after all! -- Donna Garner]

=========================

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... en-are-bo/

Excerpts from this article:

"Over 40 percent of children born in America are born out of wedlock."
Rick Santorum on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 in a Republican presidential debate in Mesa, Ariz.

Rick Santorum says over 40 percent of children are born out of wedlock

During the Feb. 22, 2012, presidential debate in Mesa, Ariz., Rick Santorum offered extended comments on "the increasing number of children being born out of wedlock in America" and "teens who are sexually active."

Santorum said:

"What we're seeing is a problem in our culture with respect to children being raised by children, children being raised out of wedlock, and the impact on society economically, the impact on society with respect to drug use and all -- a host of other things when children have children…Two days ago on the front page of the New York Times, they're talking about the same thing. The bottom line is we have a problem in this country, and the family is fracturing.”

"Over 40 percent of children born in America are born out of wedlock. How can a country survive if children are being raised in homes where it's so much harder to succeed economically? It's five times the rate of poverty in single-parent households than it is in two-parent homes. … We hear this all the time, cut spending, limit the government, everything will be fine. No, everything's not going to be fine."

…Simply put, he’s right.

According to 2009 data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 41 percent of all births were to unmarried women. The percentage has risen steadily since at least 1980, the earliest year for which data was provided in the CDC report. In 1980, it stood at 18.4 percent. By 1990, it was 28.0 percent. And by 2000 it was 33.2 percent.

"It has been increasing over the last 50 years," said Tom W. Smith, a senior fellow at the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago.

…In 2009, 17 percent of births to Asian-Pacific Islanders were out of wedlock, with non-Hispanic whites at 29 percent, 53 percent for Hispanics, 65 percent for American Indians and Native Alaskans and 73 percent for non-Hispanic blacks…

Meanwhile, within age groups, unmarried births accounted for 87 percent of those to teenagers and 62 percent of births to women age 20 to 24. About 20 percent of births to women age 30 and over were to unmarried mothers.

But there’s been a reduction in unmarried teen births. Unmarried teen births (those to mothers from age 15 to 19) represented 21 percent of all unmarried births, which is far lower than the rate in 1970, which was 49 percent.

Our ruling

Federal data backs up Santorum’s contention that "over 40 percent of children born in America are born out of wedlock." In fact, the number for 2009, the most recent available, is a record high, based on the data included in the federal report. So we rate the statement True.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am

Clifford <wgoble_59@grandecom.net>

Regardless whether Limbaugh apologized or not, Sandra Flake (Fluke) is STILL a disingenuous S-L-U-T!
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am

Clint Alderman <calderman@suddenlink.net>

Andrew Breitbart was in progress of revamping his website to begin a systematic exposure of who Obama really is. The work did not stop with Breitbart's passing.

Today, Breitbart's vision is live. Take a look. http://www.breitbart.com/

The article, The Vetting, Part I: Barack's Love Song To Alinsky, is Breitbart's first swing from the grave. It clearly ties Obama with the Communist movement. I never had any doubt. But there's a poster advertising then State Senator Obama as a panelist to discuss a play in honor of Saul Alinsky - the god father of America radicals, a.k.a. Communist - in black and red at the bottom of the poster.

The old media personalities have partnered with the reelect Obama team to invent the contraception controversy to take focus off of Obama's work and person. It's just a smoke screen to keep people from talking about what really matters: there's a Communist running Our Country!
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 am

Lynn-
I saw the interview of Rick Santorium by Chris Wallace. I can’t imagine anybody doing a more picky and liberal bent questioning. What a hit job.
Round Rock Ron

Ps- I can’t see how anybody is going to stop Romney. He is more prepared and has more of a network than any of them. After all he has been running for President for 6 years. He will get the nomination and then he will lose to Obama.

Ps2- I think history has proved that Goldwater should have been president.

Ps3- I don’t know about the farting?
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Marilyn <bobokitty430@hotmail.com>

I hear the Republican's mantra: "We need a candidate who can beat obama". I also hear that the best debater is Newt Gingrich; therefore, who is the best suited to beat obama? Obviously it's Newt because he is the most knowledgeable, the most intelligent, the most experienced and he is the only candidate who has a proven record {contract with America) of wanting what's best for the American people and willing to stand up without backing down. AND, I might add, the most mature. Just the fact that Romney has spent millions to discredit his opponents would, in my opinion, discredit him.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Lynn,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. Our decision to suspend advertising on the Rush Limbaugh show had nothing to do with taking sides, politics, or pressure from any group. It had to do with our firm conviction to “do the right thing.” His remarks, by any reasonable standard, were unnecessarily offensive. Treating everyone with respect, regardless of their views, is a belief we strongly hold true. It’s deeply rooted in our culture. We regularly advertise on over a dozen talk shows, representing political views across the spectrum. As we said, we don’t take sides. But we will respond, appropriately, when we feel obligated to do so. We now plan on getting back to business as usual and focusing on what we do best – helping Americans finance their homes.

Kelley S. Zaske
Client Relations
1-800-863-4332
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Lynn,

I have E Mailed Quicken Loans, Carbonite, and Legal Zoom with my comments of their dropping Rush Limbaugh. I informed them that I was upset with their choice to do that. I also informed them that there would never be any chance of my using their services. More conservative Americans should do this. Who are the other companies that dropped him ? I will contact them too.

Thanks,

Harold Lesikar
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm

BlogTalkRadio – City on a Hill Radio in News -- Santorum Economic Plan with Henry W. Burke and Tea Party Italia:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cityonahil ... rty-italia

A very brief advertisement begins the podcast and then David Barton gives some excellent comments. After that, Diana Crews and Barbara Moore introduce the guest, Henry W. Burke, who compares/contrasts Santorum’s and Obama’s economic plans for our country. Luca Bocci of Tea Party Italia joins the discussion for the last part of the program.

Donna Garner

Wgarner1@hot.rr.com
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

I guess you know the following are the sponsors who abandoned Rush.
All are getting nasty grams from our house.
Do a lot of business with ProFlowers - no more. Will cancel Carbonite asap.
marge

ProFlowers, Quicken Loans, Sleep Train Mattresses, Sleep Number, LegalZoom, Carbonite and Citrix.
Marge
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:02 am

Betty Bauer <bettyhb@tx.rr.com>

I disagree with your column in the Dallas Morning News. This is not a religious issue. Ever since the Republicans took control of the House, they have waged a war on women. All the Republican governors and republican controlled state congresses have waged a war on women. The Republican party (whose policies, in my opinion, caused the financial meltdown, conned the American people to give them one more chance and they would get jobs. That has not happened, because actually, what President Obama has done is beginning to work. The Republicans have been trying to take way BC and abortions ever since they became law. Religion, in my opinion, should stay out of politics. Religion has creeped into politics starting with the presidental run of Pat Robertson. Republicans have made the wrong gender mad. We will not give up this fight until Rush Limbaugh is off the air and religion gets completely out of politics.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:04 am

More from Betty:

This is not about shutting down opposing views. This is about a vile man spewing
hate of anyone that disagrees with his point of view. He has been getting away
with this kind of language for 20 years. The women of this country are tired of
it. We, as human beings, have failed miserably in teaching people how to respect
one another. We have allowed our humanity to slip away because a lot of people and
religions will not accept the diversity of our human race.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:31 am

Nancy S Stevens <nss432@verizon.net>

When I listened to Sandra Fluke, I heard her talk about the need for The Pill for health reasons. Tumors that caused an ovary be removed because the student(not her)could not afford the medicine to prevent the tumors. The same medicine happens to also be a contraceptive. Name calling and misinterpretation of her remarks has no place in this discussion.
You say that Rush's point was correct and that you would not use that language. What would you say?
I too am a Protestant and if I wanted a good education, I would choose the school I thought best for me, regardless of its religious affiliation.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 am

She appears to be a homosexual. Lizbos have no need of pregnancy prevention, as far as I know.

Robin Hauck
Broker, U.S. Army (Retired)
robinhauck@aol.com
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 am

Timothy <TSapp85@gmail.com>

I don't think you could be any more wrong concerning Rush. The man honestly believes what he said, the only thing he's sorry about is that he lost advertising money, no matter how much he blusters about who's waiting in the wings to be "paid handsomely." He wasn't "using the absurd to describe the absurd,"he was doing what he always does, putting divisive and poisonous rationales into our political discourse.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

White House already sending out petitions for people to sign against Rush. Fluke is saying the apology changes nothing.

I'm afraid the apology (not the original comments) will do far more damage to him.

He might be done.

Apologizing was the WORST possible thing he could have done.

If he refused to apologize and got fired, the conservative backlash would have been immense.

Instead, he slit is own wrists (metaphor) and put more blood in the water.

Ben Barrack
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show