Vast Write Wing - January 2009

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - January 2009

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Lynn… for all practical purposes, reparations were 600,000 americans dead and redistribution of property for the cause.

RobertK
Killeen
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:23 pm

How silly. If your son joins the military and is captured by the enemy and is being waterboarded, YOU would be the first and loudest voice protesting it. I guess you don’t care about the sons and daughters who serve in our military. You substitute “being tough” for the realities of the world.

It’s nice to be “tough” but I don’t think you’d fare well if the shoe was on your foot.

I suggest that you travel more. Go to Arab countries and see the suspicious eyes that would gaze upon you.

Bush and his folks clearly broke the law. But, for you, justice doesn’t count or matter if they’re on your political side.

It’s a new world and day out there. Get used to it.

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Lynn-
I think the article I have at the bottom is quite startling because President Obama is supposed to be the chosen one. I think President Regan became more popular as the years went on. I was surprised that there was such an outcry of support for President Reagan at his funeral. I am sure it took the Democrats by surprise.
Look at our ex-presidents and which ones show class. You won’t see or hear the Ex-Republicans doing stupid things, except President George H.W. Bush jumping out of a plane.
Round Rock Ron

Obama Inaugural Ratings Fall Short of Reagan’s

Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:30 PM

By: Rick Pedraza
Article Font Size

Although the number of viewers watching the presidential inauguration coverage of Barack Obama was impressive, they fall short of those who saw Ronald Reagan take the oath of office for his first term in 1981.

According to Nielsen Media Research, 37.8 million television viewers tuned in Tuesday to watch the swearing-in ceremony, which was the largest inaugural audience in 28 years. Reagan's first inauguration in 1981 drew a whopping 41.8 million.

Obama's viewership was, however, 27 percent higher than Bill Clinton's in 1993, and 30 percent higher than George W. Bush's in 2001. Bush’s swearing-in for his second term in 2005 was the lowest viewing audience (15.5 million) for a presidential inauguration.

Obama's figures include telecasts on 17 broadcast and cable networks, while Reagan’s swearing-in ceremony nearly three decades ago could only be seen on ABC, CBS and NBC.

NBC’s coverage of the Obama inauguration festivities beat all competitors with 11.5 million viewers, followed by ABC (11 million) and CBS (7.2 million). CNN topped the cable networks with 8.5 million viewers, followed by Fox News Channel (5.5 million), and MSNBC (3.1 million).

The ratings do not, however, include the huge online viewing audience, with CNN.com, FoxNews.com and MSNBC.com all reporting record-breaking streaming video traffic. Google reports that searches were down during the event.

Among U.S. cities, Raleigh-Durham had the largest TV audience (51 percent of the television audience), while host city Washington, D.C. came in second (48 percent). Seattle-Tacoma had the lowest television rating at 18.8 percent, and the West Coast, in general, had the lowest numbers, possibly due to the fact that the swearing-in ceremony there was televised at 9 a.m.

Overseas numbers show Germany with 11 million viewers, followed by France (7 million) and Great Britain (5.1 million).

Presidential Inauguration Ratings (from highest to lowest):

1981 – Ronald Reagan – 41.8 million

1977 – Jimmy Carter – 34.1 million

1973 – Richard Nixon – 33.0 million

1993 – Bill Clinton – 29.7 million

2001 – George W. Bush – 29.0 million

1985 – Ronald Reagan – 25.1 million

1989 – George Bush – 23.3 million

1997 – Bill Clinton – 21.6 million

2005 – George W. Bush – 15.5 million

lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

SOL,
The best and most objective assessment so far of the GWBush presidency is in
today's (Saturday) WSJ by Nick Gillespie. It's the lead editorial titled
"Bush Was A Big Government Disaster." Prior to this column I really liked
Dick Morris' assessment and I think I heard you giving the Morris assessment
some pub over your airwaves. Gillespie's lookback is the best so far.
USL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Pointing an accusatory finger and armed with heated eloquence,Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once charged America for defaulting on the promisory note for complete equality and inclusiveness for all Americans. Now, with election of Barack Hussein Obama to the highest office in the land, has America satisfied her debt to her most loyal and mistreated citizens?
Barack Obama is to a degree the check that America finally cashed, to use a metaphor of Dr. King, Barack Obama is one part of that check. For a large number of African Americans, however, that check has yet to be cashed. That's part of the story. But as this point, you no longer say, if you're African American, America dosen't mean anything.

Jonathan
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Excerpt from petition posted at http://www.moveamericaforward.org/index ... /SaveGitmo.

Move America Forward recently visited the prisons and observed the professionalism of our troops. They bent over backwards to ensure that the radical Muslim prisoners were treated with kid gloves. They are given regular movie nights in overstuffed couches, top-notch healthcare, air-conditioned accommodations, choices of six meal plans, regular exercise, art and English classes and every religious consideration.

Before American women can visit the prisons, they must cover their arms and legs to ensure that they don’t offend the terrorists. Yet misinformed people demand that the prison close because, they claim, prisoners live in inhumane conditions, which is totally false.
If you wish to read the entire petition and then sign it, please go to the link posted above. The petition is being sent to President Obama. Even though he has already signed an order to have GITMO closed, it is important for him and his staff to know that a huge number of us, the American people, do not agree with his decision.

Article posted today at World Net Daily by Melanie Morgan:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com:80/index.p ... geId=86848

About Move America Forward (Board of Directors and Staff): http://www.moveamericaforward.org/index.php/MAF/AboutUs

Donna Garner
wgarner1@hot.rr.com
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Pro-Life Friends,

1. The Bears for Life pink and blue flag display on the Baylor
campus captured the attention of thousands. The outreach was
also the subject of a news segment on local Fox television. You
can see the news story here. This takes a few seconds to
open. The Baylor Lariat and the Waco Trib newspapers also
printed photos of Baylor students putting out the flag display.
Three cheers for the Baylor pro-life Bears!

2. On Friday January 23, President Obama rescinded the
Mexico City policy, thus allowing your tax dollars to flow
internationally to abortion providers and organizations that
attempt to persuade women to abort. Pro-Life Waco director,
John Pisciotta, was interviewed for the Obama story on
News10 Waco. The video can be seen here. This takes a few
second to open. A positive part of the story was that it included
video of PLW's billboards.

3. PLW began last Thursday running a weeklong ad in the
Waco Trib with the message, "Life begins at conception and
ends at Planned Parenthood." We have been getting very good
placement on the ad. Check out the Saturday layout here.

4. Barbara Myers is recovering and recuperating from a health
problem. Barbara has been an energetic and creative leader in
the Waco pro-life movement for over a decade. Please pray for
Barbara's complete and early recovery.

Yours in Christ,
John Pisciotta
Pro-Life Waco, Director
john_pisciotta@prolifewaco.org
www.prolifewaco.org
201 Harrington Ave. Waco, TX 76706
254-644-0407
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

I think you shoud start the "Return to the Republic"
party! Texas needs to seceed before we get drowned in the abyss that is the Obama bailout.
Belinda
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Lynn, I am willing to give our new president a chance. I'll give hime twice the chance that the Dems gave George Bush. Hmmm, that means that I've already run over. They pronounced Bushes presidency DOA before he took office.

Have a nice day and keep up the good work.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Lynn, Very scarey stuff you are talking about this morning. I too, heard the Sunday shows and just listened in amazement. Which is a bigger threat to our country---the terrorists or the current administration??
Hope you had a good weekend. I checked out Best Buy yesterday, just in case they had something new that I couldn't live without. Thank goodness they didn't!!
Stephanie
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Lynn, excellent logic minute today and I want applaud you for addressing something that most media/talk show people will not touch in a thinking (logical) manner.

IMO, this highlights the absolute pathetic state our schools are in now-a-days.

Get this… the academia (schools) are arguing “scientifically” something that is not a scientific process – absolutely absurd. After generations of taking logic and reasoning out of the curriculum, not only are the administrators not able to reason themselves but are demonstrating that they are in fear of the thought process all together.

This is another example of “science” elevated as the new religion since anything that needs legitimizing is called “science”. The classical definition of “science” is the “recreation of a set of circumstances to get a desired result.” Since you can not recreate history, you can not PROVE anything in history scientifically, whether that be the Big Bang, Jesus being raised from the dead, or whether George Washington lived and died. The process to prove whether something occurred in history is “legal logic.” The whole point of a court is to establish if something did in fact occur (truth) based on less than a 100% certainty (because we did not experience the event) in order to establish a high degree of commitment (justice). As in a court, this implies that you have to bring the preponderance of evidence to the argument, which is exactly what they are preventing… absolutely amazing!

They are afraid to use real science since the evidence is nebulous at best or contradictory and damning at worst. LAWs of science are established for a reason and several but (specifically the second law of thermodynamics) become problematic for theories such as:
1. everything is in the process of decay, going from order to disorder (the opposite of evolution which states the best improve through survival of the fittest) ;
2. whether we realize it or not, everything is in movement; therefore, potentially measurable.

Because of the LAWs of science, we can use science to circumstantially support or defend a position in context. Let me use a situation as an example…

Science assumes no more creating is going on in the universe (such as the Big Bang) except for pro-creation; therefore, earth’s moon must be about the same age as the earth. We can measure the closest point at which the moon could have ever been to the earth without being sucked into the earth’s gravitational pull (probably was never close to that closest point). We know the rate at which the moon is moving away from the earth (decay law of science). We know the distance that the moon is currently from the earth right now. The problem comes in when you take all these known measurements and reconstruct a set of circumstances to get a result such as: how old is the moon and earth (time passed) based on the rate of movement? Guess what? Its not a 100,000 years and not even anywhere close to the hundreds of millions or carl seagan’s billions and billions that virtually everyone says it has to exist for evolution to occur to its present state.

Because of scientific laws (not theories), anything potentially can be scientifically measured and, amazingly, consistently shows the universe is not as old as theories proclaim. A different example I used to explain this issue to my daughters is the rate of decay of the sun. We know the rate at which the sun is getting smaller and we can go back in time using the same rate to see how big the sun could have been at any point in time. At a 100,000 years, mercury would cease to exist and at a million years venus would be the new mercury. Since mercury still exists, there is no way, at the same rate of decay, that the sun could be over 100,000 years old. People can argue the rate may have changed for any one of the myriad of measurable examples that could be given but for all know measurable circumstances to be in collusion with one another to hide the truth is a conspiracy that only a master designer could orchestrate, which leads back to your point about who or what started the Big Bang.

We could go on and on with these examples since everything can be measured, however, you touched on another absolute of science (Law - not theory) established by the father of modern science and philosophy, Sir Francis Bacon. He stated in one of his essays, “Ex nilhilo nihil fit [lat.]” which translated states, “out of nothing, nothing comes; nothing.” Common sense usually supports absolutes, “ya aint got nuttin’, ya aint gonna produce nuttin’.” But common sense isn’t what academia is all about, is it?

BobK
Killeen
(I am going to quit using Robert since there are too many Roberts in Killeen) lol
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 am

“Without a clue…” “Gay-Lesbian agenda …(it’s that homophobia in you) “ What a naysayer.

You are the doomsayer, aren’t you? You should get a job at the hospital as the one who announces to people that their sons, daughters, friends, wives or husbands have died. Fits you fine. You seem to drag every negative, right-wing feeding frenzy angle out of every job. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

You just wish Obama would have mentioned your name. You’re jealous!

Limbaugh’s fat ass is frying on the Republican grill and Obama didn’t put it there. Note his absence – except on Hannity’s or the Fox News Channel. Limbaugh is losing his constituency. Folks rejected his negativism and obese ranting in the last election.

You still cling to the hope that the Repubs will rise again. Get ready for 2, 4, 6 or 8 years of Repub minority. You’ve hitched your wagon to Limbaugh’s falling star and, chances are, unless you become independent, you’ll fade like he will.

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 am

I have been reading the story about an off duty police officer in his morning PJ type attire, that shot and killed a dog that was not attacking another human being. From what I have read, the proven docile victim pet was not on a leash and was in violation of a city ordnances. That now described vicious animal became engaged in a dog confrontation with the off duty officers' pet on their morning relief walk. Nothing was mentioned as to which animal initiated the aggression or scuffle, but the story did conclude that the police officers pet, who was on a leash. Dogs do run up to get acquainted with one another. That is just plain normal. Now, my questions are: When did an off duty police officer gain the authority to use deadly force to protect HIS possibly aggressive dog, and authority to discharge his weapon in the city limits several times at a dog that was attempting to leave the scene. I can add that the victim dog was never guilty of attacking any human being? Never! When did this become a cut and dry situation as described by the Police Chief? Why would an off duty police officer take a weapon with him to do his morning walk of his dog? There is absolutely no argument that a few bullets being discharged as described would offer a far greater danger to human injury as well as human life, than the now deceased dog. It definitely dictates a demonstrated attitude of an officer that posses a deep disrespect for life, as well as a personal mental attitude that should prohibit his legal authority to carry and possess a deadly weapon under any circumstances from now on. Is this why he became a police officer so he could walk around in his PJ's with a loaded weapon? Is this now the current legal authority of our city off duty police officers? If so, then a great deal of tax expenditures can be saved by putting a well armed animal control officers on a gasoline sipping motor scooter and shooting all dogs and cats that are resisting arrest. This new attitude of our public protective services would be better financially supported and better served with out the added expense of housing collected animals and vehicle maintenance and operating cost. Of course we citizens may now need to armor plate our houses, but that certainly is not the apparent concern of these new protective services guide lines. What I see here is two people that should be immediately terminated from public service due to their proven, extremely poor split second decision making. If not, the lives of all citizens are in potential danger. This is not Pre WWII Germany.

Chuck Ellis
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm

On giving an Obama's first week in office an F grade:

“Without a clue…” “Gay-Lesbian agenda …(it’s that homophobia in you) “ What a naysayer.

You are the doomsayer, aren’t you? You should get a job at the hospital as the one who announces to people that their sons, daughters, friends, wives or husbands have died. Fits you fine. You seem to drag every negative, right-wing feeding frenzy angle out of every job. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

You just wish Obama would have mentioned your name. You’re jealous!

Limbaugh’s fat ass is frying on the Republican grill and Obama didn’t put it there. Note his absence – except on Hannity’s or the Fox News Channel. Limbaugh is losing his constituency. Folks rejected his negativism and obese ranting in the last election.

You still cling to the hope that the Repubs will rise again. Get ready for 2, 4, 6 or 8 years of Repub minority. You’ve hitched your wagon to Limbaugh’s falling star and, chances are, unless you become independent, you’ll fade like he will.

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:35 am

Lynn:
I don't know if you're aware of this yet or not, but this is MAJOR. HR 45 has been introduced (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/C?c ... c111r0H6uC) and it's gun and gun
owner registration. Please make your audience aware of this.

John Fulwiler
Belton, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show