Vast Write Wing - January 2009

As the title suggests, this forum is for emails and discussions in regards to The Lynn Woolley Show. Hear something on The Show that caught your interest? See something in the emails deserving response? Users can reply and create new posts on topics concerning The Lynn Woolley Show.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Vast Write Wing - January 2009

Postby lwoolley on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:09 pm

What happened to your broadcast on 94.5 Waco? I have missed your show. I would like to hear more than 1 hour, that's all we got.

Is there a station that I can reach your show on the radio. I can't get online at work to listen to your show.

Miss this Texas, National Logic

Carrie

[94.5 decided to go in a different direction. Our Logic Minute can now be heard on KBW in Waco at 1010 on the AM dial.]
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:11 am

Comrade SOL,
In the 01-29-09 WSJ is a super column by Daniel Henninger. "The Geithner
Exception." At this point it's beginning to look like Henninger and Dick
Morris are the 'voices' to listen to...........not to exclude the 'voice' of
the SOL, of course.

Carry on the fight for a Soviet-America!
Comrade USL
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 am

This is why so many are disgusted with watching the news and reading the newspapers...

Headlines On January 20th, 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops
die in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary
Americans get the shaft"

Headlines January 20, 2009:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"
(Actually it was 170 million)

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am

Yesterday's $836 Billion "stimulus package" passed by the House contains a $5.2 Billion bailout for ACORN.

I am sorry to report that our own Congressman, Chet Edwards, not only voted for the 9.29.08 version of the ACORN "Christmas tree" containing a mere $100 Million but also voted for the even larger payback yesterday of $5.2 Billion for ACORN.

The ACORN funding is hidden away in the package under “Neighborhood Stabilization Programs.”

Veteran journalist, Matthew Vadum, writes, “Although ACORN operatives usually get their hands on such funds only after they have first passed through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or state and local governments, the new spending bill largely eliminates these dawdling middle men, making it easier to get Uncle Sam's largess directly into the hands of the same people who run ACORN's various vote fraud and extortion rackets. And the legislative package provides these funds without the usual prohibition on using government money for lobbying or political activities.”

Vadum goes on to say the stimulus package now contains:

· $1 billion stashed away in Community Development Block Grant money that ACORN often vies for successfully.

· $10 million to develop or refurbish low-income housing, a specialty of ACORN’s.

· $4.19 billion to stave off foreclosures via the Neighborhood Stabilization Program...

The bill allows nonprofits [e.g., ACORN) to compete with cities and states for $3.44 billion of the money.

Some $750 million would be exclusively reserved for nonprofits such as ACORN, an umbrella organization for over 100 similar organizations.

I personally called Rep. Chet Edwards' Washington, D. C. office yesterday and begged him not to vote for this bill because it contains the ACORN give-away.

Apparently the $5.2 Billion is a payback to ACORN for helping to get Edwards, Obama, and the other Democrats elected in November.

We all remember the fraudulent ACORN registration drives where dead people, "Mickey Mouse," and the same people in multiple counties were registered by ACORN workers.

"In Ohio alone, election officials said 8,700 of the 73,000 voter registrations turned in by ACORN - an astounding 12 percent - were questionable."

Links used for this article:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01272009/ne ... 152276.htm

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/01/2 ... s-stimulus

http://www.newsmax.com:80/headlines/oba ... ode=78E4-1

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/01/2 ... s-stimulus

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ge-is.html

Donna Garner
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am

How short your memory is. The Constitution? What about the Bushies ignoring the Constitution? My Lord, you do stick to those Wight-Wing talking points, don’t you? No independence, no mind of your own. No original thoughts – just the same old slogans and Mantras.

You’re still living 8 years ago. All this doomsaying and naysaying make you appear to be a wax statue in Madame Tussaude’s Wax Museum.

Wake up, Lilly. It’s 2009! You’ve run out of material and are repeating yourself – over and over again. A sure sign that you’re on life support.

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 am

The postal service did the same thing as other big business. They spent money on worthless advertising...sponsoring Lance Armstrong and the US cycling team in the Tour de France several years ago. They also have a strong "union" whereby one person cannot help another if it is not in their job description.
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:47 pm

I feel the only reasons the republicans are acting this way is first of all, there is no republican president in office so that elevates any responsibility for party support to the president. Next, if republicans vote for this bill they will be tied to failure. Moreover; if these bills do not produce the results as intended the republicans have clean hands in this. I understand their strategy but the Republican Party has not grown a spine as many people are saying, they are being merely defensive. Keep in mind, the republican congress dropped the ball in 2006 and have never picked it back up.

Kevin Morris
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:47 pm

When I was on the IRS tax payment plan in 2000, the interest rate was 18% if I defaulted.

Kevin Morris
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby Thane on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 am

Dear Lynn,

This is certainly nothing scientific - purely anecdotal - but I have asked everyone I know who they voted for or "supported" and have found very few under the age of 40 who admit John McCain as their candidate. I have found absolutely no one under 30 who backed McCain. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but it really seems like a generational divide in this election as much as an ideological one.

Sincerely,
Thane
Thane

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:00 am

Lynn, one of your callers commented that it is more effective to call your representative/Senator by phone as opposed to e-mail. This kind of concerns me since I'm a big believer in e-mails. I would imagine a congressional office could evaluate and parse thousands of e-mails vs a few hundred phone calls. What do you think...maybe ask Rep Carter next times he calls.

MIKE LICAVOLI
Harker Hts, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Lynn, the Dems ran the first black man why can't the Republicans run a first/second generation Mexican? This would be historic an we could capture the liberal and Mexican vote.

Mike Licavoli
Harker Hts, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm

LS: What is your impression of Obama's stimulus plan?

I don’t have one. Unlike you, I have not mastered every detail of it. So, I wouldn’t have any facts to back up my own guessing like you have.

Again, you’re just throwing out suppositions and slogans. You’re not qualified to discuss it, just offer generalizations.

LS
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Pro-Life Friends,

Earlier this week, Pro-Life Waco's 4th billboard went on display
in Waco. (This does not count our 4'x8' billboards. The
message is "Abortion. One heart stops. Another heart breaks."
If you click here you will see photos of the new billboard. The
billboard can be seen driving toward downtown Waco on the
3400 block of 19th Street. The powerful billboard will be on your
right just past Bill and Bob's restaurant.

Are pro-lifers in Waco so dedicated that they would have their
First Sunday Life Chain on Super Bowl Sunday. Absolutely!!
Our Life Chain is from 2 to 3 p.m. on February 1 at the
intersection of Waco Drive and Valley Mills Drive. Come on out
and meet and get your signs in the parking lot near Pei Wei
Restaurant. There will be many hundreds of cars passing by as
folks make their final preparations for the Super Bowl.
February 1 is Super Life Chain Sunday in Waco!

In my last email I had information about a local news story
about President Obama rescinding the Mexico City policy, thus
allowing your tax dollars to flow internationally to the abortion
industry. The News10 story included an interview of me. My
last email had a bad link to the news story video. Right here is
a good link. This takes a few second to open. A positive part of
the story was that it included video of PLW's billboards.

If you would like to be removed from my e-list, just respond and
let me know.

If you have a friend who you think would like to be on my elist
for these messages from Pro-Life Waco, just send me the
name and email address.

Let's continue to work hard and pray hard for the Gospel of
Life.

Yours in Christ,
John Pisciotta
Pro-Life Waco, Director
john_pisciotta@prolifewaco.org
www.prolifewaco.org
201 Harrington Ave. Waco, TX 76706
254-644-0407
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:49 am

Lynn, I want to encourage your listener to contact the White House web site and tell the Bama that he selected the wrong "Joe" to represent the middle class.

MIKE LICAVOLI
Harker Hts, TX
lwoolley
Site Admin

Postby lwoolley on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Lynn, I could not believe it when I heard at 9.00p.m. on Friday evening that Thomas Daschle had to pay l50,000 dollars in four years back taxes before he could appear before the senate for confirmation for secretary of health. And, what better time to announce this than late on Friday on Super Bowl weekend.I also heard that the Senate had known about this for some time, but delayed announcing it for public consumption. Harry Reid and President Messiah have both come out with favorable statements for Mr. Daschle, in effect saying this is only another mistate and Mr. Daschle will be confirmed by the Senate. Just another hiccough, I guess. I am beginning to wonder if these so called smart people have the I.Q of what the normal body temperature is or if they are actually con men. I have been so angry that it is making me ill, so I had to write to you, get this off my chest and now maybe I can enjoy the rest of the Super Bowl weekend. Bonnie, Midland, Texas
lwoolley
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Vast Write Wing - Emails and Discussions about The Lynn Woolley Show